Logitech has announced the launch of a next generation portfolio of appliance and PC-based solutions that work with today’s leading video conferencing services such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom.
The new all-in-one Logitech Rally Bar and Logitech Rally Bar Mini are intended for mid-sized and small rooms respectively, and are said to “transform meetings with cinema-quality video and crisp, clear audio”. For larger meeting rooms, Logitech has introduced the new Logitech RoomMate, a computing appliance that allows customers to run video conferencing services on existing Logitech conference cams like Rally Plus without requiring a PC or Mac.
“We’ve always methodically focused on what customers want, and that’s products with premium quality at a reasonable price,” said Scott Wharton, general manager and vice president, Logitech Video Collaboration. “From ease of use and manageability, to bringing scale to businesses, we want to make products bigger and better, while reducing complexity. Our goal is to put video in every meeting space in the world. In order to do that, we need to make it easy, simple and cost-effective, which is what we believe we’ve achieved with this new portfolio of products.”
Video conferencing applications such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom can run natively on Rally Bar and Rally Bar Mini, and they can be connected via USB to virtually any room PC or Mac. Users can even BYOD, plugging in their laptop and running their chosen video service. Logitech’s new portfolio also supports other popular video conferencing services such as GoTo, Pexip and RingCentral.
Features for Rally Bar and Rally Bar Mini include:
- Resolutions up to 4K: Smooth motorised pan and tilt in a video bar form factor and razor sharp optics up to 4K. Rally Bar boasts lossless image quality up to 5X optical zoom, which will be digitally enhanced up to 15X total zoom.
- Clear voice reproduction: Ultra low distortion speakers deliver “crystal clear, room-filling sound” to every corner of the room. An adaptive beamforming mic array picks up voices at every seat with outstanding conversational clarity, focusing on the active talker and auto-levelling louder and softer voices while suppressing unwanted noise. Plus, a patented anti-vibration suspension system minimises speaker vibrations that can travel through walls, stands, and tables.
- Sleek design: Rally Bar and Rally Bar Mini feature sleek, rounded edges for an elegant, minimalistic look. Featuring recycled polyester fabric on the speakers, both video bars are available in Graphite or White to seamlessly complement the aesthetic of modern conference rooms.
- Built in AI: Both video bars come equipped with Logitech RightSense technology and AI Viewfinder, a second camera dedicated to computer vision. The camera detects human figures and processes where they are in real-time, enhancing the precision of Logitech RightSight auto-framing and camera control so meeting participants are always in focus, whether they are late joining or moving about.
- Simple setup: Rally Bar and Rally Bar Mini come with cable management and flexible mounting options that ensure “easy, confident installs” with minimal footprint. Setup takes minutes out of the box and the bars can be easily monitored and managed from one single platform using Logitech Sync or a preferred device management dashboard.
Pricing for Rally Bar starts at $3,999 (£3,599); Rally Bar Mini starts at $2,999 (£2,699); and Logitech RoomMate starts at $999 (£899).