Sony has today (May 31st) unveiled six new slimline and energy efficient BRAVIA 4K professional displays.
The new models, which range from 43″ to 85″, have been described by Sony as an ideal solution for a wide range of business and educational environments including: meeting rooms, visitor attractions and public venues, retail spaces, schools and universities.
Upgraded features (excluding 43B and 49B variants) include improved brightness of 620 cd/m², which are capable of producing “vivid and beautiful” 4K HDR image quality. All models
Running on Android TV OS, they also feature 24/7 (excluding 85B variant) operation as standard alongside easy operation, flexible networking and extensive integration options
All come with native compatibility with TEOS, Crestron, AMX and Control4 as well as flexible installation options and a three-year warranty.
“This new range of BRAVIA Professional Displays is building on Sony’s heritage for excellent image quality while combining it with a unique understanding of what our business users want from a display” says Thomas Issa, product manager at Sony Professional Solutions Europe.
‘Stunning 4K images and HDR compatibility’
Sony added that BRAVIA Professional Displays also take advantage of the latest consumer TV technology, offering full 4K resolution and HDR compatibility for optimum image quality.
With over eight million pixels, 4K offers four times the detail of full HD and is supported by its 4K X-Reality PRO picture processing technology to create images that are clearer, smoother and more natural. The high brightness and dynamic contrast, it said, are ideal for displaying 4K HDR (High Dynamic Range) content in highlights and dark shadows.
Practical features for better business
According to Sony, its in-built software makes the new range an ideal solution for corporate and education applications where ease of use and operability are paramount platform.
Running on Android OS, the latest BRAVIA Professional Displays also offer options for customisation, monitoring and integration with other networked systems as well as a new enhanced processor.
Built in business features include:
– Professional mode (Pro mode) enables easy installation and a smooth operation to allow users to customise display settings easily. It includes one-step settings optimised for signage or meeting room use and display, customisable setting menus for a range of items, and the ability to seamlessly copy settings from display to display via USB flash memory.
– TEOS for advanced corporate use – Sony’s BRAVIA displays are fully compatible with the TEOS range of solutions. With TEOS Manage, users are easily able to schedule and create content as well as control digital signage from one central location. Whereas TEOS connect allows users to simply mirror laptops without the need for extra receivers or hardware.
– Open API support: The compatibility with a wide range of web APIs broadens options for remote control/monitoring and integration with external systems, allowing Professional BRAVIA Displays to be easily integrated in different professional solutions
– Attractive styling, easy integration: Featuring a slim aluminum screen bezel, the display’s sleek, contemporary styling looks great in any corporate, retail or education environment while its convenient cable management system ensures a neat appearance without visible wires. BRAVIA also offers VESA standard mounting for easy integration, and blends elegantly into a wide range of corporate, retail or educational environments.
– The interactive power of touch: Sony’s BRAVIA Professional Displays can be turned into an interactive touchscreen or information kiosk by adding an optional multi-touch infrared or capacitive screen overlay with matching accessories and custom finishes.