London venue Troxy has completed the first stage in an audio installation, which will see JBL’s 12 inch VTX-A12 loudspeaker deployed for the first time in a UK venue.
The art-deco designed venue will work with HARMAN and UK distribution partner, Sound Technology, to undertake a major investment to its technical infrastructure to service the production requirements of its increasing number of live music events; high profile awards ceremonies, corporate events and private parties.
The system has been specified in collaboration with integration partner, SSE Audio Group. It will operate on a versatile digital network and offers incoming productions “easy access” and universal patching into the system for easy load ins and quick production turn around for touring shows.
The centrepiece of the integrated HARMAN sound reinforcement system is the new JBL VTX A12 dual 12” line-array loudspeaker.
BL VTX A12 is described by JBL as a complete tour sound solution for mid- to large-size touring applications and high-end fixed installations.
- New and improved JBL transducers for the best output per weight
- Innovative HF section integrates the phasing plug and waveguide for high sensitivity and linearity even at high output levels
- Redesigned Radiation Boundary Integrator® (RBI) for reduced horn edge diffraction, improved LF sensitivity, lower distortion, and 90-degree coverage down to 250 Hz
- Next Generation LF section, including industry-defining Differential Drive woofers, with a dual magnet, dual voice-coil design for extended linear excursion
- Best-in-class rigging for streamlined, rapid deployment
- Full-face grill for superior weatherization and refined aesthetics
- New transport cart and frame for simplified transport and setup
- Optimizations throughout the design for space efficiency and reduced weight while simultaneously improving performance
- Full integration with JBL system control and prediction software
- Lightweight design
Tom Sutton-Roberts, general manager at Troxy explains: “This is a major investment for the Troxy team and we have worked closely with all the parties involved to specify a truly state of the art system for the promoters that work with us. We selected JBL based on both audience and tour management feedback and we’re already having a great response to the line array system, which can only get better once the full installation is in place.”
A full JBL monitor and fills package will be provided as part of the upgrade, which will include JBL M22 stage monitors, VTX F-series point-source speakers and the new VTX- A8 dual 8” line-array speaker, while Troxy’s foyer will also feature a new JBL system to relay sound for receptions and red carpet events.
The 1930s vintage venue has been completely sound modelled as part of the upgrade by the SSE team and will be debuted in full at Beach House and The Dresden Dolls in October.