Thanks to streaming services, many people are staying at home to watch blockbuster films. Conversely, digital cinema is not just changing the types of content that movie theatres can offer their customers, but transforming how they operate.
At Digital Cinema Summit ISE 2020, with its theme of ‘The Changing Cineplex’, top digital cinema practitioners and technology experts from around the world and from all parts of the motion picture distribution chain will discuss the new cinema landscape. They will also address how movie theatres are implementing change and profiting from it, as well as the new developments on the horizon.
Delegates can expect to understand more about whether movies still have centre stage at the cineplex, and about the impact of streaming. And now that gaming and eSports in cinemas offer an experience far greater than anything that can be achieved in the home, what does ‘event cinema’ means for theatre owners, for Hollywood and for consumers?
Speakers and panellists include:
- David Hancock, Director of Research and Analysis for Cinema & Home Entertainment, IHS Markit
- Kathryn Jacob, CEO, Pearl & Dean
- Graham Spurling, Managing Director, Spurling Cinema Group
- Marlene Wickel, Managing Director, Jean Mineur Mediavision
- Sujin Lee, Director Business Development, CJ 4DPLEX
- Tim Potter, Vice President Sales, CinemaNext
The conference is produced in association with online title Digital Cinema Report and will be hosted by its Editor and Publisher, Nick Dager.
Digital Cinema Summit ISE takes place 14:00 – 18:00 on Wednesday 12 February 2020 at the Hotel Okura, Amsterdam.