Midwich has announced it is the exclusive UK and Ireland distributor for the new BenQ InstaShow – a no-software device that allows multiple presenters to immediately share and project their laptop, tablet or phone screens.
The distributor has a long standing and successful relationship with BenQ, holding over 30% of BenQ projector sales market share in 2016. Through the new agreement, Midwich corporate and education sector channel partners have access to a new solution that enables end-users to benefit from the BYOD revolution.
With the touch of a button, the BenQ InstaShow allows up to eight participants to instantly share their laptop or device screen in full HD quality. The first showing of the collaboration system was at Midwich’s Technology Exposed event this September, where it attracted the attention of over 1,000 people, both at the show and those who engaged with the live streaming facility.
Features of BenQ InstaShow include:
- True plug and play: Simply connect InstaShow into the device's USB and HDMI ports then push the button to start presenting immediately.
- No software: InstaShow requires no software installation or execution, set-up, configuration, or waiting for pop-ups to launch.
- InstaVideo: A push of the side button switches from clear presentation mode to smooth 1080p video mode, to quickly customise the viewing experience. Midwich states that this feature is exclusive to BenQ.
- Auto channel selection: InstaShow automatically selects the best wireless channel on boot-up.
- Wireless 802.11ac: The latest 802.11ac WiFi guarantees extremely smooth wireless streaming.
- Video and audio: InstaShow streams 60fps full HD video and clear stereo sound without cable clutter or driver selection.
- Consistent wireless presentation performance without relying on a PC.
- Extended desktop: Users can keep their presenter view, notes, and back-up data on their laptop screen while using the extended desktop feature of either Windows or OS X to present to the wireless screen.
Ross Floyd, divisional manager responsible for projection technologies, commented: “The addition of BenQ InstaShow to our portfolio is another step in helping our partners to bring exciting and innovative products to their customers. We are always eager for the opportunity to introduce new products from such a forward-thinking vendor.
“Our existing relationship with BenQ and this new product development is a positive progression for the AV channel, and we believe will help strengthen the BYOD movement currently in place across workplaces in the UK.”
“BenQ InstaShow is a straight out of the box solution, with no software to download; meaning that it’s easy and quick to set up. Just plug and play,” added Lee Dent, Midwich product management.