Manico FunTable is an interactive desktop for kids. It’s just like a Touch Pad, but bigger and better. Kids can simultaneously point, touch, click, drag objects, draw, play and/or do homework, school projects etc. It’s mobile enough to be placed wherever you want, but stable and sturdy enough to survive kids having fun.
The FunTable, which costs €2,400 (direct) and was showcased at this year’s Bett Show in London, is a WiFi enabled interactive 32” touchscreen running off the Android platform that has been built into a sturdy and colourful box.
The surface is a 5mm anti reflex, – scratch or – crush glass (kid safe). No installation is required, meaning it can simply be connect to power and start be used immediately once content (apps) are downloaded via the Google Playstore and selected third party educational applications.
In a recent case study, the FunTable was unleashed upon grade-three children at the Smyge school in Telleborg, Sweden – the firms home country.
Using Math Bakery (a series of apps designed to inspire and help kids learn math), children were permitted to use the table for one-hour per week over a 10-week period as part of their maths class, with teachers seeing a “significant” improvement in tests.
This, according to teacher Ann-Christine Karlsson, was down to students working together to solve maths questions, rather than working alone.
“It’s just fantastic…we’ve been running this for only 10 weeks and we already see a significant improvement in national standard tests in maths,” discussed Karlsson. “They’ve learnt very well with Manico FunTable and Math Bakery.
“The pupils are more active in comparison to when they were working alone on an iPad. We noticed that the pupils were working together and trying to solve the problems together.
“It was great to see how they were co-operating around the Manico FunTable! Multiplication becomes visual and easy to understand, Math Bakery shows that in a very simple way and of course it ́s more fun to learn.
“For us teachers it is fantastic and stimulating to see how the pupils are enthusiastic when they are working together trying to solve a problem.”
- CPU Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A17, up to 1.8GHz
- GPU Quad-Core ARM Mali-T764 MP
- RAM DDR3 1GB (1-4GB optional)
- ROM EMMC/NAND FLASH 8GB (8/16/32GB optional)
- Display 31,5 inch, TFT-LCD, resolution 1920*1080
- Network RJ45 1000Mbps, support Ethernet
Bluetooth+WIFI integrated module, support Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n protocol, 2.4G/5G dual band, support Bluetooth 4.0 protocol.
- I/O RJ45 1000Mbps, support Ethernet,
USB 2.0, Support Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n protocol, 2.4G/5G dual bandBluetooth 4.0, 1x Power Button
- Touch Screen 1x I2C, multi USB port, support IR, resistive, capacitive touch screen
- Power DC 12V or STB power supply, support built-in 7.4V lithium battery
- Colours Kermitgreen – RAL6018, Redlove – RAL3020, Oceanblue – RAL5015, Yellow – RAL1021, Black – RAL9005, Turquoise – Closest to Pantone 7466C
- Measure Width: 74 cm. Height: 43 cm. Length: 102 cm
- Weight 30 kg
- O/S Google Android 5.1 and above