The role of Junior Production Manager is an exciting proposition within the clients production company. The client has a very strong sales team who are pushing the company into more exciting areas of the events industry allowing them to be creative in the type of events they produce.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a technical background within the AV industry and at least one year of production management experience in a similar role. Our client will also consider candidates from a technical manager role, venue management role or a similar position.
As a Junior Production manager, our client will invest time in your development so that you are able to move from this role to a Production Manager within a reasonable time frame. The training that they carry out will be provided using a mixture of internal and external resources.
We are looking for a candidate with a technical background who is willing to push the boundaries in our work, helping our client to progress further into the realms of production agency over audio visual supplier.
Main tasks of role:
- Attend Client meetings to discuss and develop solutions for the client brief
- Prepare quotes and pitch documents
- Attend site visits and production meetings
- Book crew, technicians, equipment and transport
- Support the Client pre event
- Assess health and safety requirements and create risk assessments and method statements for each event.
- Track the progress of each job and the documentation involved.
- Manage equipment, crew and transport on site and liaise with the venue and client on site at the event.
- Manage any changes that occur when on site
- Post event completion of costs, invoicing and all related paperwork
- Work with the team to constantly update equipment, processes and creative ideas.
- Manage relationships with key venues where we have an onsite presence.
- Experience within the Audio-Visual industry or Event production industry in a technical role with 1 year of experience in a project management role or venue management role.
- Sales experience with motivation to develop profitable new business.
- Methodical, structured and self-motivated person with excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- A well organised and calm approach to the job with meticulous attention to detail.
- Wide experience of a range of audio and video equipment and new technologies within the industry.
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent problem solver
- Excellent communication and client facing skills
- Good with the written word and grammar
- Team player
- Enthusiasm, energy and a 'Can do' attitude
- Driver's License and ability to travel to office/central London out of hours
- Experience of working in bespoke venues around London where standards and working practices are heavily scrutinised
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Visio, and other visualisation software
- Experience of working with camera crews as an on-site director. A good understanding of editing techniques.
- Show calling experience for live productions.
- Use of CAD for drawing scaled plans.
You will be based in our office and onsite as required. You will need to be flexible in working hours as working early mornings, late nights and weekends is part of the industry.
ApplyTo apply for this vacancy, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org