Leyard has announced the CarbonLight LED display range, a family of flexible, lightweight displays designed for a broad range of creative indoor and outdoor applications. The displays are lightweight, thin, strong and adaptable – making them suitable for fixed and semi-fixed installations as well as events served by rental and staging companies.
The displays are fast and flexible to install, and are available in five different product configurations for indoor, outdoor, hanging, floor-mounted, corner-bevelled and curved videowall installations.
“In both event staging and fixed installations, customers are looking for videowalls that are fast to deploy and adaptable to a range of applications,” said Steve Seminario, vice president of product marketing at Planar. “We are excited to bring this truly unique portfolio of products, with the industry’s lightest hang weights and thinnest profiles, to create eye-catching videowall installations that stop visitors in their tracks and have maximum impact for live events, broadcast, and fixed installations.”
CarbonLight can be used in fixed installations that require a high level of flexibility, either because of the unique requirements of the installation space, such as broadcast set designs, or because a customer requires a videowall solution that can be moved or transformed into different physical configurations over time. Leyard says that this level of flexibility, adaptability and ease of deployment makes CarbonLight unique.
The LED displays are ultra-lightweight due to their carbon fibre construction and patented designs, are easy to transport, incorporate hardware that is fast to install and take down, and are quick to service, with a hardware design that allows for middle-display replacement. They also support many unusual configurations including right-angle corners, perfectly smooth concave and convex arcs, and floor installations.
The Leyard CarbonLight family currently comprises five product lines:
• CLA Series: for indoor, smoothly curved LED videowalls, available in 1.5mm and 1.9mm pixel pitches. It can create arcs and columns of LED displays as low as 3m in diameter.
• CLI Series: for indoor hanging or mounted LED videowalls, available in 2.6mm, 3.9mm and 5.2mm pixel pitches. It can be used to achieve 90º corner installations.
• CLO Series: for outdoor hanging or mounted LED videowalls, available in 3.9mm, 5.2mm and 7.8mm pitches.
• CLM Series: for outdoor mesh hanging or mounted LED videowalls, available in 10.4mm and 15.6mm pitches. It can be used to create large-scale, transparent display installations.
• CLF Series: for indoor or outdoor floor installations, available in 5.2mm, 6.2mm and 10.4mm pixel pitches. It can withstand a load of 500 kg per cabinet.
The Leyard CarbonLight family will be showcased at InfoComm 2016 in Las Vegas.