Shure has today (June 12) revealed its new Microflex MXN5-C Networked Loudspeaker.
The new loudspeaker is designed to provide high-quality speech reproduction for AV conferencing applications. PoE-enabled with an onboard amplifier housed in a low-profile design, the networkable loudspeaker is optimised for easy installation in drop-ceiling configurations. It integrates seamlessly with the Shure’s conferencing audio ecosystem of networked hardware and software.
The MXN5-C comes with pre-tuned frequency response engineered for voice intelligibility in AV conferencing applications. Its low-profile, shallow-can design is compatible with most drop-ceiling installations and includes two Dante inputs and one Dante output.
Other key features include
- Visibility on the network for device access via Shure software for simple setup and configuration or remote management and troubleshooting
- Shure Audio Encryption for secure meeting content
- Dante Domain Manager compatible for roles-based security of Dante-enabled devices
- Shure DSP utilities: EQ, delay, limiter, signal/tone generator
- AES67 compatibility
- PoE/PoE+ enabled, eliminating the need for an outboard amplifier
- UL 2043 plenum rated
“This new loudspeaker is part of a complete solution from the Shure Audio Ecosystem for Conferencing,” said Chris Merrick, global marketing director, integrated systems, at Shure. “The complete audio solution, from one manufacturer delivers streamlined global room deployments to a consistent standard, remote management, and troubleshooting. For end customers and integrators, this is a significant time-saving advantage.”
Check out the latest issue of Installation here, featuring an in-depth interview with Shure president and CEO Chris Schyvinck.