AV Technical Designer
£35,000 to £45,000
The client is currently recruiting for a AV Technical Designer to join their successful Audio-Visual Company specialising in high-end residential projects.
AV Technical Designer role:
Our client is currently recruiting for a AV Technical Designer to join their successful Audio-Visual Company specialising in high-end residential projects.
Knowledge, skills and Personal Qualities Required:
– Industry specific knowledge is required, a minimum of 3yrs in a similar role specialising in residential AV installations;
– Knowledge of Crestron and Control4 is required.
– Either Microsoft Visio or AutoCAD experience is necessary. You must be able to create wiring schematics, connection drawings and indicative elevations showing our equipment;
– Networking skills are necessary to be able to create and define IP tables for each project and maintain these during the project;
– A strong communicator – verbal and written communication must be of a high standard ensuring that the companies brand is represented correctly at all times;
– To be able to multi-task effectively and ensure that all tasks for all projects are continuously monitored and the relevant information is passed between parties to conclude any outstanding issues.
– Ability to develop productive working relationships with a wide range of people across all levels.
– To have a keen interest and knowledge of the industry, continuously striving to learn more and stay in touch with new trends and technologies.
– To takeover a secured project from the sales team, to understand the brief and the system which has been sold to the client fully;
– To understand each component which has been specified regarding its role and purpose within the installation;
– To understand limitations of each piece of equipment to ensure that the system design is correct, to raise any concerns with the sales team during the design process to ensure the correct equipment is procured;
– To create a design pack for every project with information required by 3rd parties such as builders/electricians and our own engineers. This will include AV plans, wiring schematics, cable schedule, elevations and connection drawings;
– To maintain these documents throughout the project and ensure upon completion a complete record is issued as part of the O&M manual;
– To be responsible for ensuring the design pack is always kept up to date and any changes are recorded accurately and distributed to those involved in the project.
– To keep up to date with new products and technologies by establishing regular contact with suppliers and distributors.
– Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
– A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint, Visio or AutoCAD
– Educated to degree level or equivalent
– Full driving license
Hours & Benefits:
– Full time position, Monday “‘ Friday, 9am to 5pm less 1hr unpaid lunch break.
– Salary Range – £35 000 to £45 000 dependent upon experience including benefit package.
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV to email@example.com quoting Ref: 11126