Integrated Systems Europe is sponsoring a free-to-attend Technical Tour of the new National Military Museum. The tour, taking place on 10 February, is being hosted by ISE, Digital Projection, Meyer Sound and Pufferfish Displays, and presented by expert systems designer Rapenburg Plaza.
Designed as a fully integrated building, the new museum uses audiovisual technology on an unprecedented scale across its expansive 20,000m exhibition area located in the former Soesterberg airbase in the Netherlands.
The Tour will showcase project highlights in seven distinct areas of the museum. These highlights include:
• Immersive panoramic projection: 25m-wide pre-show theatre display.
• Large-scale projected map and panoramic screen: this exhibit integrates soundscapes and architectural lighting design to present tactical and strategic military operations.
• Interactive seated cabins: telling the personal stories of military personnel.
• 360° tilted immersive floor-to-ceiling dome projection: narrated high-resolution film about warfare throughout the centuries.
• Lighting: designed for a ‘day and night’ experience of a scale-model garrison town.
• Mega sphere: used as a projection surface integrated with lighting design and audio to take audiences on a journey into the future of the military.
• ‘Theatre-like’ lighting bridges: an exclusive inside look at the structures used to maintain audiovisual equipment and AV/IT infrastructure within the museum.
Technology from some of the following ISE exhibitors were used in this project: 7thSense Design (10-R114), Dataton (11-F80), Digital Projection (1-F60), Kiss Box BV (3-D140), Medialon (2-A42), Meyer Sound (1-M90), Philips (10-N132) and Vivitek (4-R65).
The ISE 2015 Technical Tour will leave the Amsterdam RAI at 16:00 on Tuesday, 10 February, returning to the RAI at 20:00. Admission to the Technical Tour is free. Places are strictly limited and will be allocated to the first respondents.
UPDATE: Due to an overwhelming response, the ISE Tech Tour has been filled.