Here’s a summary of the main launches in the collaboration and conferencing world at InfoComm 2018. Click on the links to read coverage by our US colleagues on the InfoComm Daily.
• AVI-SPL has launched Rapid Rooms, a strategic system that optimises meeting room deployment by matching organisational needs and meeting them with the most suitable AV and UC technology, in ready-to-order bundles. With a first of its kind AV-as-a-service model for hardware, software and managed service contract wrapped into one fixed monthly fee, AVI-SPL Rapid Rooms include planned refresh cycles to remedy lifecycle management and technology obsolescence.
• Among a number of launches at the show, ClearOne unveiled COLLABORATE Space, a video collaboration app that connects hundreds of users joining from any device, anytime, and anywhere, and includes messaging, calling, and meeting functions.
COLLABORATE Space provides persistent space to store all sorts of media such as messages, documents, whiteboards, recordings, meeting minutes, or anything else exchanged on a specific topic or project during a call or meeting at anytime, and is accessible from any device, whether it be a mobile, desktop, or room appliance.
• Sennheiser has announced that its new TeamConnect Ceiling 2 ceiling microphone will be fully compatible with Crestron’s control system platform.
Sennheiser’s open Sound Control Protocol (SSC) is planned to be used in different Crestron APIs to allow remote monitoring and configuration. This includes TeamConnect Ceiling 2, which will support remote access to audio parameters, mute and customisable LED control.
• Yamaha Unified Communications, the new name for Revolabs, announced details of a new package. The Yamaha YAI-1 Conference Ensemble is a preconfigured USB audio system that achieves audio in and audio out for an organisation's chosen UC platform.
The ready-to-install professional audio system comprises an eight-channel Executive Elite wireless microphone package, two VXL 1-16 PoE speaker arrays, a preconfigured digital signal processor, a five-port PoE switch, Dante AVIO USB adapter, and cabling.
• The d:sign product line from DPA Microphones includes an array of products suited for conference and AV applications, including floor stand, ceiling and tabletop microphones.
"The d:sign series is an excellent microphone choice for functional yet aesthetically-pleasing meeting or conference spaces, and we are excited to display the complete line at InfoComm 2018," said René Mørch, product manager, DPA Microphones. "This line of unobtrusive tabletop, ceiling and floor stand microphones ensures outstanding sound even in acoustically challenging spaces."
• Finally, the latest version (1.1) of Sony’s flagship Vision Exchange interactive collaboration and active learning solution is being showcased for the first time and demonstrated at InfoComm 2018. The upgrade allows for improved communication through the integration of Skype for Business, which enables distance learning, as well as Personal Note Taker, for smarter note-taking.