The AV Services Technician will be responsible for the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and error free service provision that meets the needs of the firm, covering both internal / external clients within client facing and internal meeting and training rooms within the London head office.
Main duties and responsibilities:
– To identify areas of improvement and achieve the optimum balance and integration of service across the offices, devising and implementing appropriate changes whilst ensuring client/customer needs are fully met.
– Set up, prepare, configure, test, monitor, and troubleshoot teleconferencing equipment, multimedia devices, televisions, monitors, projectors, recording equipment, speaker sets, digital cameras/camcorders, and other presentation equipment for meetings and events dealing with all technical aspects.
– Receive and respond to incoming calls, alerts and/or e-mails regarding AV software/hardware problems within recognised timeframes.
– Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex AV hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair as needed.
– Document instances of AV equipment failure, repair, installation, and removal.
– Build and maintain a spare parts inventory for all AV equipment.
– Handle incoming booking requests for AV equipment and setup in conjunction with the Advanced Bookings team.
– Troubleshoot AV issues using the appropriate testing tools; make basic repairs as necessary.
– Tag or label AV equipment owned by the organization; periodically audit inventories to mitigate risk of damage or theft.
– Support the Video Production Specialist as required to produce, dub, edit, and copy all AV media, uploading this to Vimeo and the local Intranet.
– Develop effective customer (Legal/Partners, Facilities, IT, Events and Marketing) relationships, acting as the key point of contact, initially meeting and discussing AV/VC requirements, organising and preparing equipment and presentation proceedings, supporting such presentations as required, trouble shooting defects and providing first line breakdown and basic maintenance support of AV equipment.
– Develop opportunities within the AV Services to add value, working closely with Facilities team and support departments and suppliers as required.
– Provide on-going training to internal staff and assist with preparing training material.
– Preferably qualified to NVQ level 3/ONC (or equivalent) in a relevant technical discipline.
– Previous practical experience in an AV or IT/communications environment.
– Advanced understanding of current telecommunications technology, with specific reference to VoIP and unified messaging technologies
– Knowledge of desktop operating systems and application deployment techniques
– Understanding and ability to support telephone systems, mobile connectivity /communications, programming and operation
– Must have a demonstrable track record of the following technical skills encompassing hardware, software applications and communications
– Previous experience of fault / problem resolution within a desk side Windows domain networked environment
– Advanced level of technical competence in all relevant subject areas.
Must be able to demonstrate hands on experience of:
– service culture and customer focus.
– Must be IT literate to a high level, numerate and have well developed presentation skills.
Should have a good understanding of:
– All aspects of Audio Visual Service best practice, including Health & Safety;
– Data/LCD & HD projection, sound, integrated control systems and video conferencing, telephone conferencing equipment and presentation software and set-up (including MS PowerPoint, Mac technology and Mac Software);
-ISDN, VoIP and other telecommunications networks and equipment;
– Current service suppliers and equipment in the marketplace and latest technological advances and innovations.
– Excellent technical knowledge of teleconferencing, presentation, and other AV hardware.
– Comprehensive hands-on AV equipment troubleshooting experience.
– Extensive equipment support experience ideally with Cisco VC equipment.
– Good knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards.
– Mechanically and electronically inclined.
– Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
– Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
Personal Qualities / Behaviours
Must be able to demonstrate the following personal attributes:
– Sets challenging performance standards and objectives for self.
– Able to demonstrate a proven track record of achievement drive in facing challenges and achieving excellence
– Self-motivated and confident
– A team player who is able to act on instructions.
Committed to Highest Level of Customer Service:
– Demonstrates a real desire to anticipate customers’ needs by going beyond the routine provision of service
– Responds quickly and positively to the needs and requests from customers with the ability to prioritise workload based on customer requirements
Effective Decision Making:
– Handles problems by actively identifying practical solutions that suit customer requirements
– Anticipates problems and takes preventative action
-nWhen making decisions, assesses all options and selects the most appropriate given customer and business needs
– Makes decisions in a timely manner
Learning from Experience:
– Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge and skills required for enhanced performance
– Seeks ongoing feedback (positive and negative) and acts on it
– Keeps people well informed and up-to-date on information in order to achieve objectiv
– Literate with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to ensure understanding
– Capable of communicating effectively at all levels
ApplyTo apply for this vacancy, please email your CV to email@example.com