After significant education successes across EMEA in 2016, CEDIA has announced a major expansion of its online education presence and plans for further growth in 2017.
Within the EMEA region, over 950 industry professionals were trained by CEDIA in 2016. UK training attendance increased by a massive 40% and over £20,000 worth of training was offered free of charge to CEDIA members. For 2017, CEDIA has introduced a host of brand new training sessions, webinars and talks to its online offerings, which can be accessed by visiting cedia.net/cedia-training/online.
Also for 2017, CEDIA has set a goal to provide online content for all areas of CEDIA’s Electronic Systems Certified (ESC) exam.
“2016 was a standout year for CEDIA training,” said Luke Amos, CEDIA senior director of education. “We increased access internationally and were very proud to offer members more courses across more locations than ever before. CEDIA understands taking the time away from work or home to attend training is not always possible. That’s why the expansion of our online education provision is so important. It will build on our recent education success, helping to broaden and deepen expertise in professional home technology across the globe in line with the expansion of our industry.”
CEDIA launched the CEDIA New Hire Training Track in 2016 and it has been well received among member companies who are looking for an affordable way to supplement on-the-job training for their employees. Available to CEDIA members only, this New Hire Training Track contains ten CEDIA eCourses and the delivery of the Fundamentals of Residential Electronic Systems, First Edition.
For individuals who may have missed out on training at the CEDIA show, CEDIA recently compiled some of the most popular content for business owners and visionaries in the ‘Think Big’ training package. This package of online courses contains three CEDIA eCourses and ten technology insight video lessons, totalling over six hours of learning. The package consists of the following eCourses and video lessons: The Business of VUI; Designing with VUI; Wash, Rinse, Repeat: Standardising the Design & Engineering Process; New Technology Update Lessons from Michael Heiss; and Future Technology Lessons from Rich Green. Both voice control courses are presented by Amazon’s Alexa department.
Latest online training courses
New training sessions, webinars and talks for 2017 include:
• HDCP 2.2 Webinar Series with David Meyer (three webinars – HDCP 2.2 Overview, HDCP 2.2: How it Works, and HDMI 2.0 Mixing Pot & System Design)
• 2017 NEC Updates and the Home Technology Professional webinar with Ken Erdmann
• CEDIA Talks from CEDIA 2016:
- What Virtual and Augmented Reality Mean to Home Technology Professionals
- Voice Control is Just the Beginning
- Understanding the Opportunities of Bio-Adaptive Lighting
- Simple, Affordable, Reliable: Is Your Business Ready for this Connected Home Paradigm Shift?
- Security, Surveillance and the Changing Landscape Until 2020
- The Internet of Intelligent Things
- How Integrated Smart Home Tech Can Go Mainstream
- Humanising the Connected Home
- How Millennials Will Reshape the Home Improvement Market
- Expanding Your Referral Opportunities – The Value of Working with a Real Estate Professional
- Disruption: How Enabling Technologies Are Addressing the Ageing Tsunami
• HOUZZ/CEDIA Consumer Survey Results
• Size & Scope of the Residential Electronic Systems Market
CEDIA will continue to host a number of webinars throughout the year, and will be focused on rounding off its fundamental eCourses.
To access the CEDIA online training platform, visit www.cedia.net/education.