Entries are closed and the shortlist for the first three Award categories has now been confirmed. Find out here who has made the cut and could be celebrating in Amsterdam, February 7th
With less than two months before the first ever AV Technology Europe Awards takes place in Amsterdam (February 7th), we're pleased to announce the first shortlisted categories for AV Team of the Year, Best Large-Scale Project or Event, and Best Small to Mid-Scale Project or Event.
After receiving a staggering number of entries - resulting in hours of deliberating - we can now confirm the following names/entries have been successful and will go on to be independently judged by our already confirmed team of judges.
"We are immensely grateful to everyone who took the time to enter our first ever awards," comments AV Technology Europe Editor, Michael Garwood. "It was an incredibly difficult process for everyone involved in determining the shortlist, with all entries submitted at an impressively high standard. We congratulate everyone who has made the list and hope those that didn't quite make it this time, come back even stronger next year."
AV Team of the Year
- Bloomberg Global AV Team
- National Gallery
- QEII Centre
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Royal College of Physicians
Best Large-Scale AV Project or Event
- Bloomberg Global AV Team: Bloomberg HQ Auditorium revamp
- Bayer: large-scale AV upgrade during relocation of HQ
- University of Hertfordshire: AV installation within the new BREEAM Excellent science building
- University of Huddersfield: campus-wide rollout of lecture capture
- The Pink Floyd Exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum
Best Small to Mid-Scale AV Project or Event
- Birmingham Museums Trust: multimedia art exhibition
- CityVerve Manchester Immersive Lab (CityVerve project, nominated by Saville AV)
- Newbury and Crookham Golf Club: indoor golf simulation facility (nominated by ViewSonic)
- Metamorphosis Show with Arcadia Spider (Arcadia Spectacular)
- Cambridge University: fundraising event at Banqueting House
The names of those shortlisted for the remaining categories will be announced daily throughout the rest of this week.
Winners / Tickets
Winners will be announced during the Awards ceremony, which will take place at the Café-restaurant Dauphine (Prins Bernhardplein 175 1097 BL Amsterdam), which is just a seven minute taxi ride from the RAI, or a 20 minute walk.
The evening will begin at 6:30pm with a drinks reception and canapés, with the awards taking place from 8-9pm. After party celebrations will then continue until 11pm.
6:30pm: Drinks Reception & Canapes
7:30pm: Welcome Speech
8:00pm: AV Technology Europe Awards
9:00pm: After Party Celebrations
In addition to the opportunity to have your name up in lights and a shiny engraved winners trophy – the event will also be a great opportunity to network with others in the AV community attending ISE.
Tickets can be purchased through our dedicated AV Technology Europe Awards website, which can be accessed here.
Categories for the Awards include:
Individual and Team Excellence Awards – Sponsored By JacobsMassey
Recognising the people and teams at the forefront of innovation and development in the creation and management of professional AV solutions. (Click on the titles below for criteria information)
- Emerging AV Professional of the Year
- AV/IT Manager of the Year
- AV Team of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution Award
Technology Excellence Awards:
Recognising in-house teams for the effective and innovative use of technology solutions to enhance the overall performance of their fixed installation AV offerings. (Click on the titles below for criteria information)
- Best use of Audio Solutions
- Best use of Projection/Display Solutions
- Best use of Presentation/Collaboration Solutions
- Best use of Signal Distribution Solutions
- Best use of Emerging Technology
- Video Production of the Year
Project Excellence Awards:
Highlighting the year’s outstanding events and AV projects. Nominations in this category are for temporary installations and events managed and delivered by end users that have taken place during 2017. (Click on the titles below for criteria information)