The InstallAwards 2017 took place last night at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel in Kensington, west London.
The event saw the induction of three new members to the Installation Hall of Fame.
The Lifetime Achievement Award, for an individual who has made a valuable contribution to the industry throughout the course of their career, was awarded to Dr Joseph Kramer, founder of Kramer Electronics. It was accepted on his behalf by his sons Raviv Kramer and Tal Kramer.
Reading the award citation, Paddy Baker, Installation editor, said: "Since [its founding], Kramer Electronics has grown steadily, producing numerous audiovisual technology innovations along the way, and making life easier for countless system designers, installers and users. Kramer continues to lead the industry."
The Outstanding Contribution Award recognises an individual who has had a major beneficial impact on the industry in recent years. This was presented to Gordon Dutch, former managing director of Peerless-AV, by Paul Childerhouse, managing director of Pioneer Digital.
The Grand Prix is awarded to a company that has made a major contribution to the industry over a number of years. This was presented to Audinateby audio consultant Roland Hemming, who commented in his speech about how "it took an outsider" to bring the audio community together with Dante technology.
Best Project Awards were also presented in six application categories, along with the new Project of the Year Award. The winners of the awards, plus the finalists, in the Star Product and Team and People categories are listed below.
STAR PRODUCT AWARDS
Display Star Product
- WINNER: SiliconCore – Orchid 1.9mm display
- CDEC – Sony VPL-FHZ55/57 projectors
- Panasonic – PT-RQ13 projector
- Peerless-AV – DS-VW765-LQR full-service quick-release videowall mount
- Toshiba – TD-W1 Series display
Presentation and Collaboration Star Product
- WINNER: Shure – Microflex Advance AV Conferencing Microphones
- Crestron - DigitalMedia Presentation Systems 3-Series
- BenQ - InstaShow Plug & Play
- Maverick - Microsoft Surface Hub
- Kramer - VIA Connect PRO
- Sharp - BATTLEPAD
Integrator’s Choice: In-House Team of the Year
- WINNER: Royal Society of Medicine (nominated by Feltech)
- Lancaster University (nominated by Pure AV)
- University of Warwick (nominated by GV Multimedia)
Distribution Team of the Year
- WINNER: Sahara Presentation Systems PLC
Marketing Team of the Year
- WINNER: AVMI
- Adam Hall Group
- Casio Projectors UK
- WINNER: Adam Gathercole – AV testing and commissioning engineer, Focus 21
- HIGHLY COMMENED: Alice Binney, internal sales executive, Pioneer Group
- Amanda Burgess – AV technician at City, University of London
- Daniel Cruickshank – full stack developer, Embed Signage
- Elaine Manalo – previously project manager, Hewshott International; now account manager, Snelling Business Systems