Collaboration-solutions company, Nureva Inc, has has announced that its Nureva Wall WM408i system, will begin shipping this month.
The “cost effective” (from $8,999 in the US) large-scale WM408i system combines a high-definition, ultra-short-throw projector with a projected capacitive multitouch surface to create an expansive interactive working space that supports a wide range of collaborative processes and activities.
Up to eight walls can be combined to create a 60′ (18.29 m) wide working space, with the most common configurations being two (15′ or 4.57 m) or three (22.5′ or 6.86 m) systems. Multiple walls can be installed side-by-side or in a corner.
According to the firm, the ‘tightly integrated system’ delivers an advanced multitouch experience in nearly any space, on almost any wall type and under almost any lighting condition. It also incorporates an automated start-up experience through presence detection.
“We have been very encouraged by the enthusiastic response to the Nureva Wall WM408i system and the growing volume of pre-orders we have received,” said Nancy Knowlton, Nureva’s CEO. “Early enterprise customers have been excited by the potential to digitally transform their collaborative processes without compromising the wall-based tools and techniques that are so critical to their success.”
Walls from 7.5′ (2.29 m) to 60′ (18.29 m) wide can be installed in side-by-side or corner configurations to create workspaces tailored to individual customer needs. It also comes with Nureva Room Manager, which simplifies system setup and adjustments. The Nureva Wall is optimized for use with Span™ Workspace but can also be used with any Windows application.
System components and configurations
- The Nureva Wall WM408i system includes
- A solid-state illumination (SSI) 1080p ultra-short-throw projector, featuring 3600 lumens in a unique 17:9 aspect ratio with an expected life of 25,000 hours and integrated image alignment to support single and multisystem configurations
- A 7.5′ (2.29 m) wide (100″ diagonal) multitouch interactive surface, incorporating presence detection, a power on/off button and an interlocking feature to simplify multisystem installation
Additional product details
- Minimal-width, low-profile bezel and flush-mount design mean the projection surface is unobtrusive in any space, creating a calm display that keeps the focus on the working session
- Projected capacitive touch technology allows up to 20 simultaneous touches and low-latency inking, to encourage more interaction and participation
- Advanced multitouch performance is maintained in virtually any space regardless of wall type, unevenness of wall surface, bright overhead lighting or reflected sunlight
- The Nureva Wall is optimized for use with Span Workspace and the Nureva HDL300 audio conferencing system, which are sold separately
- The system requires a customer-provided computer running Windows 8.1 or higher