More and more industries are demanding surveillance cameras with high zoom levels in order to identify faces, detect license plates or respond to incidents.
To address this need, Axis Communications has developed AXIS Q1785-LE and AXIS Q1786-LE, its new range of "next generation" high-end network cameras with 32x zoom and OptimizedIR for indoor and outdoor use.
According to the firm, the 32x zoom, allows the cameras to be installed at a significant distance from the target area, yet still deliver high quality video to identify details in the scene. For example, if monitoring a roundabout where mounting is not possible, the camera can be placed more than 260 meters away and still clearly show details not visible to the naked eye, such as car registration plates. The robust cameras also feature an impact resistant aluminium casing and can withstand a wide temperature range.
Additional AXIS Q17 Series key features:
- High quality capture with AXIS Q1786-LE featuring 4 MP resolution / Quad HD 1440p at 50/60 fps and AXIS Q1785-LE delivering 2 MP / HDTV 1080p at 50/60 fps
- OptimizedIR covering up to 80 meters (262 feet)
- IP66, IP67 and NEMA 4X-ratings as well as IK10-rated casing
- Electronic image stabilization, shock detection, scene profiles and defogging
- Pre-installed AXIS Motion Guard, AXIS Fence Guard and AXIS Loitering Guard
- Temperature range of -40 °C to +60 °C (-40 °F to +140 °F)
- Forensic WDR, Lightfinder and Zipstream
The cameras are optimised for surveillance on highways or intersections as well as general city surveillance. For instance, the cameras utilise corridor format, which specifically captures vertical scenes, such as long streets or perimeters. This focused view gives a more detailed scene than would be achieved with a panoramic shot. The cameras can also be paired with accessories for pole or dual mount installation.