Digital Signage Summit: 2017 was one of the most eventful for the digital signage industry, heralding some seismic changes in the market. So, what's next?
Since ISE hosts the world’s largest gathering of digital signage manufacturers and service companies on its show floor, it’s only fitting that its conference programme should also serve this important market.
DSS ISE is returning to Amsterdam after its successful debut last year. It’s a half-day conference that’s been optimised to deliver exclusive market intelligence and unparalleled networking opportunities, while leaving enough time to discover the ISE exhibition.
The conference is organised jointly by Integrated Systems Events and invidis consulting, one of Europe’s leading digital signage consultants. The pair are also responsible for Digital Signage Summit Europe, the leading strategy event for digital signage and digital out of home (DOOH), which has been held annually in Munich since 2007.
Last year has been one of the most eventful for the digital signage industry. IT solution providers and multinational IT consultants such as Accenture and Cap Gemini have discovered – or rediscovered – the market. While it’s good that the market is now large enough to be of interest to the big players, the downside is that established integrators – which are mostly small and medium-sized businesses – are facing new competition, both from these big solution providers and from hardware and software companies. This market disruption is unleashing seismic changes in the value chain.
Florian Rotberg, managing director of invidis consulting and conference chairman, comments: “The conference will largely focus on the evolutionary shift in the digital signage value chain. A key question that will be debated is: what are the future roles of systems integrators, software suppliers, display vendors and other ecosystem partners?”
He adds: “Consolidation has been long overdue, as most players are just too small to manage the global digital signage projects that increasing numbers of organisations are looking to deploy.”
The main discussion topics
at DSS ISE will be:
• Connecting: Systems Integrators – Consolidating the Market
A view across the pond: how Stratacache and Diversified are changing the market and what effect this has on the EMEA markets
• Content: Software – Commodity vs Specialist: Are Adobe and Google taking over the market? How established digital signage software players need to adapt to the changes of an increasingly commoditised market
• Computing: The Future of Media Players: Built-in SoC-media players have been in the market for more than five years. But they haven’t really moved the needle. What should we expect from the likes of Samsung and LG, what role do PC-based platforms play, and what are the alternatives?
• Content/Complementing: Beyond pure technology, how added services like content, scent and sound can complement digital signage as part of the 360° customer experience
An impressive speaker roster of over a dozen leading digital signage and DOOH experts has been assembled for this event, including:
• John Melillo, president, Digital Media Group, Diversified
• Mark Grady, head of Chrome channel – EMEA, Google
• Jerome Moeri, CEO, Navori
• Damian Crowhurst, business director, Samsung Electronics Europe
The Digital Signage Summit ISE takes place on Wednesday from 09:30 to 14:00 in room E102. Tickets are €200, or €130 for AVIXA and CEDIA members.