Video wall and visual display company Ultimate Visual Solutions (UVS) is to continue with its remote access and online demonstration policy after this new, Covid-led approach led to a 10 per cent rise in official quotations and detailed system proposals it was being asked to supply during lockdown. The services, based from the UVS HQ in the Burnley First – Burnley Business Centre, are designed to provide peace of mind and support for key operational video wall technology.
The outfit launched a full suite of remote access and online demonstration services to help clients at the start of the coronavirus outbreak. These remote methods will combine with more traditional meetings and demos when required once the Government’s Covid-19 roadmap allows.
“We are actually performing better year-on-year, the business that we are getting through online demos is incredible and we have secured some of the biggest contracts in the company’s history,” said UVS managing director Steve Murphy.
“There will always be a place for face-to-face meetings and demos when it suits the client, but it goes without saying that the technology sector should be at the forefront of adapting and finding new ways of working.
“There is no doubt that the coronavirus outbreak changed the way we worked in the short term – but many of these changes have worked so well that they will now become part of the norm for the long term. What we are now seeing in our control room installations is the need to make data that is available for display on video walls in one location also available to share with other associated locations.
“We believe there will be an increased demand for this functionality post Covid-19, to facilitate more remote working and monitoring. We have seen a huge increase in the number of online demonstrations of our video wall technology. The clients have agreed it provides a very powerful evaluation of the benefits it provides.”
UVS’ suite of remote services offered by UVS include:
• Remote diagnostics and remote maintenance for UVS video wall technology which can offer quick analysis and resolution for most issues
• VS engineers using remote connection software, which is fully encrypted and which the client has control over, to carry out maintenance
• For sites where the video wall controller does not normally have an internet connection, UVS is offering to supply a 4G data dongle as part of the contract (managed and paid for by UVS) to allow clients to give internet access as required
• Assisting clients with reduced cost annual maintenance contracts
• A live online demonstration facility to provide full video wall technology evaluations for partners and their clients who are in lockdown or self-isolation
Technology operation includes video wall solutions, displays, video wall controllers, control software, integrated VMS (video management systems for security applications) AV over IP and KVM remote access options.