The friendly game between Galatasaray Istanbul and Ajax Amsterdam last month was the opening match of the Istanbul club’s new football stadium, and not even the 0-0 result could dampen the celebrations. Completed after three years of construction, the new “Tuerk Telekom Arena“ holds 52,500 spectators and is Turkey’s most modern football stadium. Its highlights include a mobile extendable roof scheduled for completion in 2012.
Holding all the AV technology together are cables from KLOTZ, who were involved throughout the preparation and planning for this major project via Turkish project partners SF SES Ve Isil Sistemleri and ASIMETRIK SES Isik Ve Goruntu Sistemleri.
A total of 113,000 metres of KLOTZ cables were laid and installed in the second half of 2010, including audio, video, microphone and fibre optic cables.
The following types of KLOTZ cables were used:
– Digital SDI / HDTV video cable: 46 kilometres
– SMPTE – FibreOptic camera cable: 20 kilometres
– Analogue microphone cable: 18 kilometres
– Triax camera cable: 16 kilometres
– Analogue speaker cable: 6 kilometres
– Digital multicore audio cable: 5 kilometres
– Analogue multicore cable: 3 kilometres