The Commissioning Engineer is responsible for the setup and commissioning. The Commissioning Engineer is accountable to the Technical Director.
The main duties of the Commissioning Engineer are:
- Supervising system pre-build works at our premises to the required standards.
- Creation of configuration software for such devices as Audio DSPs, Matrices etc
- To carry our system testing and configuration of systems built off site prior to factory acceptance testing.
- Preparing acceptance testing documentation prior to client or consultant factory acceptance tests conducted on our premises
- To assist in the second fix of AV, Broadcast and UCC systems to supplied design drawings and cable schedules and to the highest possible standards.
- To provide project details and equipment specifications to in-house and third-party control system programmers and provide assistance with control system programming and any control system issues
- To set up, test and commission systems on site to meet the required standards
- Completion, and where appropriate, documentation of as-built version of configuration software for DSPs, Matrices etc
- In conjunction with the Project Manager to gather 'on-site change' information and site-specific details such as IP addresses, MAC Addresses, phone numbers etc and pass this information via a marked-up CAD drawing to the CAD draughtsmen for the production of as-built drawings.
- To provide technical support for all systems installed including technical advice to the client and other team members
- To provide, where necessary, technical support for on-site system maintenance, system repairs and modifications post project completion.
- To provide technical information and support for all the Sales, Installation and Project Management staff
- To undertake and complete in a timely fashion any technical or business specific training courses, including GPA courses, as instructed by your line manager
- In depth Professional AV and/or Broadcast Television systems engineering knowledge.
- Close attention to detail
"' Ability to deal politely and efficiently with customers both on the telephone and in meetings.
- Experience in software set up of routing systems, DSPs, graphics processors etc
- Experience in fault-finding complex AV/IT/ Broadcast systems
- Experience in commission complex AV/IT/Broadcast systems
- IP Networking knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Current and clean Driving License.
- ECS or CSCS certification
- Control system programming experience (Crestron and AMX)
- 2D CAD skills
- Infocomm CTS Certification (CTS / CTS-I / CTS-D
ApplyTo apply for this vacancy, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org