The client is looking for an AV Technician to be the Senior within an in-house team, support by an AV Manager and an AV Analyst. This technician will be responsible in providing service support, installation and maintenance. They are seeking a user-facing technician with an interest in working on engaging projects, learning and teaching spaces design. The team will support to all members of the educational community, both staff and students.
- Act as escalation point for a small group of AV Technicians. This will typically relate to technical queries, but may also include provision of advice and guidance in relation to non-technical matters.
- Respond to support requests ensuring that they are resolved within agreed timescales and that users are kept informed of progress.
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve incidents in order to resolve normal service. This will include the documentation of common fixes so that they can be followed by AV Technicians.
- Independent testing of software updates and hardware prior to release
- Identify, and where possible resolve, underlying problems with systems and ensure that these are documented. The post holder will also be expected to provide a temporary work around for underlying problems that can't be resolved prior to escalating internally.
- Updating supporting information to ensure that systems can be effectively supported.
- Work with the Networking and Operations Team in relation to emergency networking and patching issues ensuring that DNS changes are recorded
- Manage equipment loan processes to ensure that ad hoc equipment requirements are met.
Technical Competencies (Experience and Knowledge)
- Experience of diagnosing and resolving hardware faults in a logical manner
- Substantial experience of providing Audio Visual technical support in a large networked environment.
- Experience of using incident reporting tools such as Supportworks and a proven record in incident management
- Experience of AV technologies and remote access systems such as RoomView
- Proven skills in the installation, configuration, management and support of a range of AV hardware
- Good working knowledge of Windows environments, associated infrastructures and networking
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Customer/Client service and support
- Planning and Organising
- Continuous Improvement
- Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills
- Managing and Developing Performance
- Creative and Analytical Thinking
- Influencing, Persuasion and Negotiation Skills
- Strategic Thinking & Leadership
In addition to working closely with the Technical Manager, Head of Support and technicians, the Senior Technician will have significant interactions with all levels of University staff and with students. The post holder will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, a confident and welcoming manner and the ability to work under pressure as well as having a wide ranging knowledge of AV and IT.
Mentoring and developing the AV Technicians is a key aspect of the role, in order to continually improve the service provided to end users.
ApplyTo apply for this vacancy, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org