The Smart Building Conference, taking place on the eve of Integrated Systems Europe, is bringing together its strongest ever group of over 20 expert speakers and panellists for the full-day conference being held at the RAI, Amsterdam.
Registration is still open but seats are selling out quickly so we urge you to register today to take part in this unique event on 9 February.
The Smart Building Conference will offer practical insight into the future of the AV business in a networked world. The conference will combine keynote, plenary sessions and twin tracks that cover both residential and commercial smart building.
Latest additions to the programme include:
• Marco Dorjee, International Business Development Director, CentraLite Systems International
• Avi Rosenthal, Board Member of Z-Wave Alliance and VP Security & Control for Nortek Security and Control
• Dale Parkinson, Director, Construction and Hospitality, Enterprise Business Team, Samsung Electronics EHQ
• Paul Williams, VP of Lighting & Comfort Products, Control4
• Indi Sall, IT Technical Director, NG Bailey
• Heine van Wieren, Business Development Manager Energy, ICT Automatisering
• Gabi Shriki, VP, HDBaseT Ecosystems Development, Valens
An Exclusive Keynote address at the Smart Building Conference will be given by Rogier van der Heide, Chief Design & Marketing Officer of Zumtobel Group, Austria. Van der Heide will explore Why Light Needs Smartness, using innovation-led design as an enabler of bridging technology and the creation of meaningful, life-enhancing solutions.
Experts taking part in the Smart Building Conference
• John Underkoffler, Founder and CEO, Oblong Industries
• Zoltan Karpathy, Senior Manager, Intelligent Homes and Building, BSRIA, UK
• Iain Gordon, MD GES Digital and President of KNX, UK
• Paul Fletcher, Principal, through
• Stephen Wooldridge, Sustainability Manager, Barratt Homes
• Jeremy Towler, Senior Manager of Energy and Smart Technology, BSRIA UK
• Torsten Witusch, CEO, DomoOne Solutions
• Dipak Raval, Head of Smart Building Architecture, Cambridge Consulting
• Avi Barel, Director of Business Development, ULE Alliance
• Nick Graves, Principal, Aquilla Europe
• Roland Hemming, Principal, RH Consulting
• Mike Welch, CEO, Control Networks Solutions
• Christopher Schläffer, CEO and Founder, yetu
• Emerik Giorgetti, Director of Workplace Transformation Strategy, Cisco
• Kathy Farrington, Communications & Security Section Manager, Norman, Disney & Young
• Conference Chair: Bob Snyder, Editor-in-Chief, Channel Media Europe
Exclusive Presentations at Smart Building Conference
Commercial Stream: Workplace Collaboration Thrives in the Spatial Operating Environment. John Underkoffler, Founder and CEO, Oblong Industries, will present a case study showing how IBM worked with Oblong on new rooms that are gesture enabled, creating a paradigm shift in communication, collaboration and ideation that will set the standard for the future of work.
Residential Stream: The Future of the Smart Home. This panel will be chaired by Bob Snyder and feature Iain Gordon, KNX UK; Stephen Wooldridge, Barrett Homes and Chris Schlaffler, yetu
Commercial Stream: Emergency Sound within Smart Buildings: Roland Hemming, Principal, RH Consulting. The presentation will discuss how emergency sound systems are a legal requirement for most public buildings. In addition to their emergency requirement they often have a dual use for entertainment sound. These systems are often complex using IP networking, digital audio and programmable processors, coupled with a requirement to connect to other building-wide systems.
Residential Stream: The Battle for Smart Home Standards. Torsten Witusch, CEO, DomoOne Solutions. This presentation will explore the smart home market and the current status of technology standardisation initiatives; customer’s expectations from technology and learning from the past in respect of technology standardisation.
Residential Stream: Defining Europe’s Home Market: Zoltan Karpathy, Senior Manager, Intelligent Homes and Building, BSRIA, UK, will discuss the current size (value) of the European smart home market; sales of smart home products by end-user segments; value of systems integration versus smart home products in selected European countries and the evolution of home automation systems in the context of the internet of things.
Commercial Stream: Evolution to Smart Building Infrastructure. Dipak Raval, will show how sensors are getting smart and connected - what does that mean for smart buildings? How low power, low cost wireless technologies are enabling smart building systems; how localised intelligence and self-learning algorithms are driving the development of intelligent building management systems and how sensor data can drive multiple additional services.
Residential Stream: What’s on Apple’s “Home Page?” Nick Graves will explore Apple’s plans for the Homekit smart home development kit? Who is on board for Homekit and what are they doing? Will Homekit prove to be an ipod or an ipod HiFi?
Plus, many more…
Don’t miss out on your chance to participate in this exciting day that will combine ‘Gold Card’ unique presentations, debate and networking opportunities with your peers.
Register today to book your place at Smart Building Conference, Amsterdam.
Smart Building Confernce: €250
Click here to view the programme
Click here to register