The entry system is now open for the 2020 CEDIA Awards programme. The awards, which spotlight the finest work the industry has to offer, are considered the premier prize for projects crafted by residential technology integrators.
“The recognition winners and finalists receive from the process is priceless,” senior vice president of Industry Engagement Giles Sutton said. CEDIA Award winners have been showcased in publications like The Wall Street Journal, Forbes, The Financial Times, and The Sunday Times, among others.
This year, CEDIA is launching a new awards platform that streamlines the entry process. This new system walks entrants through each step of the submission, and project details can be entered in stages or all at once. Giles said, “We are happy to adopt this new platform, which keeps the high-quality and integrity of the CEDIA Awards criteria, but is just a lot more intuitive for users completing the entry.”
Project categories include: Integrated Home; Media Room; Home Cinema; Showroom; Auto, Marine, or Aircraft; and Multiple Dwelling Unit Design. CEDIA members can submit projects in multiple categories, and judges will determine cost categories based on all completed entries. Entries will be categorised based on their region: Americas, EMEA, or Asia Pacific.
New for 2020, CEDIA is also launching a new category for projects produced for less than $25,000 or the equivalent in your local currency. Giles said, “Our new category highlighting projects under $25,000 has been developed through suggestions from our dedicated volunteers and we think it will boost inclusiveness and showcase the full scope of what CEDIA members can accomplish.”
Finalists and winners will receive:
– A CEDIA-created, individualised case study to use for their business marketing purposes.
– Recognition in a globally issued press release.
– Projects will be highlighted on the new CEDIA Awards website (cediaawards.org), the flagship CEDIA website (cedia.net), and CEDIA social media channels.
– Authorisation to use CEDIA Awards Finalist and Winner logos.
– CEDIA Finder Service Profile recognition.
Winners will also receive:
– Winner trophy.
– Feature in CEDIA E-Newsletter.
– Projects actively pitched to major media outlets by the CEDIA public relations team.
– Printed copies of their case study.
Entries from the Americas and Asia Pacific regions are due by 23rd March, while EMEA submissions close 20th April. Americas and Asia Pacific finalists will be announced 8th June, while EMEA finalists will be announced the week of 29th June. Awards celebrations are as follows:
– Americas winners will be announced at the CEDIA Awards and Leadership Conference on 22nd July in Chicago.
– Asia Pacific winners will be announced at the CEDIA Awards event during the 2020 Integrate conference in Melbourne, which runs 19th-21st August.
– EMEA winners and winners of Global Awards will be announced at the CEDIA EMEA Awards event in London in the fall.
To qualify for the 2020 programme, projects need to have been completed between March 2018 and March 2020. To apply for the 2020 CEDIA Awards, integrators should have documentation and project information on hand. More information on the programme, the entry process, and its benefits is available at cedia.net/awards, or visit the CEDIA booth (1-E20) at ISE.