PLASA Focus Leeds opens the doors to its tenth anniversary on Tuesday 1 May, at the Royal Armouries, Leeds.
Christopher Toulmin, PLASA’s commercial director, commented: “PLASA Focus Leeds has continued to grow throughout the past decade, and based on everything we have learned along the way, this year’s show is set to raise the bar even higher. Everyone at PLASA has worked incredibly hard to make sure the tenth anniversary edition of the show is both outstanding and relevant for all areas of the entertainment technology industry.”
As ever, the show promises a wide range of recently launched products for delegates to see, with over 175 global brands being exhibited. Additionally, KV2, Zero 88, ChamSys will be offering demonstrations and/or training on their products throughout the show, and Audinate will be holding a Dante Level 2 training course on Wednesday morning.
There’s also a busy programme of seminars to educate and inform show visitors. Sessions include:
• Concert touring and live sound are facing the new challenge of object-based and ‘spatialised’ audio solutions for a more immersive experience for the audience. How is this going to impact upon system design and workflow? Industry journalist Phil Ward will lead a discussion with a panel of sound designers and product manufacturers.
• Harman’s Ed Jackson and Sound Technology’s Stuart Strachan will present a brief overview of the practical use of line arrays, including the use of prediction, monitoring and optimisation software.
• Tom Goode, PLASA's health and safety expert, will present a session focusing on real-world examples of common health and safety issues, covering areas such as design issues, late commissioning/CDM, risk perception, SSIPs and more. There will also be an open Q&A where you are can bring your own health and safety questions.
• Soundcraft's Andy Brown and Sound Technology's Ben Todd will explain how modern digital audio mixers can do much more than just balance a mix. Topics covered will include Dante audio networking, radio mic monitoring, and the use of plug-ins.
• Lauren Rogers from PLASA’s Professional Development team will host a session entitled ‘Clarify your communications’ – which will look at how to implement a clear and effective marketing and communications strategy by focusing on your brand.
PLASA Focus Leeds runs from 10:00 to 17:00 on Tuesday 1 May and from 10:00 to 16:00 on Wednesday 2 May.