Ashton Bentley's new Lync Room Environments enable personal Microsoft Lync accounts to be used in a professional meeting room AV setting.
These fully self-contained room AV systems comprise:
- Professional Full HD edge-lit LED Display (55in and 70in, single or dual)
- Audio system with dynamic echo cancellation and bi-amplified active loudspeakers
- Central processor for power management, video and audio processing, and control
- Table-top intuitive user interface with laptop connectivity and microphone
- Optional multi-touch surface with full whiteboard functionality
The complete system can be assembled in minutes without tools and building work.
Users can move seamlessly between their desk and the meeting room, taking their Lync (2010 and 2013) account with them. They can either take their corporate-build laptop, or log in to a dedicated meeting room PC. Working with a familiar interface – with their personal Lync settings, documents and other applications – dramatically reduces the preparation time for meetings.
During a meeting new participants can be added, new materials introduced, programs and data from non-Lync devices shared, collaborative work done using standard software, including web browsing.
As with all Ashton Bentley systems, the Lync Room Environments can be managed, monitored and controlled remotely by the 'absee' suite of IP management tools. A real-time dashboard view shows the health of all main system components and what is connected, plus full operation metrics providing data such as hours of use and which laptop signals have been connected.
Also available is a range of complementary tables that place occupants in position for both videoconferencing and collaborative meeting applications. The user interface with laptop connections (using cable retractors) are concealed in the table surface.