Messe Frankfurt has acquired the PALME Middle East show from Informa and rebranded it as Prolight + Sound Middle East. While PALME used to be held in May, the first edition of the new event will take place from 31 October to 2 November 2016 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre – a few weeks before the InfoComm MEA show (6-8 December).
“As an addition to the successful international Prolight + Sound brand, the trade show will provide a platform that mirrors this impressive growth trend,” said Stephan Kurzawski, Senior Vice President, Messe Frankfurt Exhibition.
The organisers have stated that the show will be based around the following product groups:
- Light + Stage: Including theatre, studio and stage lighting, stages and truss/rigging systems, stage technology, and stage machinery.
- Light + Multimedia: Consists of theatre, studio and stage lighting, media technology, film and camera technology, display and video.
- Light + Effects: Includes show and stage lighting, design and installation, laser and effects, LED, mobile stages, walls and tent systems.
- Sound + Audio: Covers portable sound, concert sound, installed sound, networks, PA systems and accessories, and system integrators.
- Audio + AV Systems: Microphones, recording, production and broadcast, installed sound, networks, and AV media technology.
- DJ Equipment: DJ CD players, DJ controllers, DJ headphones, DJ mixing desks, DJ record-player/turntable, karaoke and accessories.
- Event / General Services Providers: Catering, Employment services/management, logistics, insurance, copyright, other services. Infrastructure & Furnishings: Theatre/cinema seats, toilet facilities, cashdesks/ticketing systems, rental tents, furnishing.
- Art Department: Make-up, wigs/costumes, textiles, stage sculptures/pantings, decorations, scenery
- Government / Associations / Press
Ahmed Pauwels, CEO of Messe Frankfurt Middle East, said: “With the region becoming a major destination for high profile events, and set to host large-scale international gatherings such as the Dubai Expo 2020 and the FIFA World Cup 2022, demand for leading-edge technology and high-quality sound and light products is on the increase from event organisers, retail chains and venue operators. We have brought Prolight + Sound to Dubai in order to bring leading international suppliers in touch with a wide range of prospective clients from across the region.”
Prolight + Sound Middle East is the fifth event in the Prolight + Sound international brand, alongside events in Frankfurt, Guangzhou, Moscow, and Shanghai. Together, these fairs attracted more than 147,000 visitors and around 2,800 exhibitor presentations during 2015.