PLASA’s elections for positions on its European and North American Regional Boards, together with its central Governing Body, concluded at midnight on Thursday 31 October. Companies and individuals from PLASA’s worldwide membership voted in the elections, which were conducted via a secure online poll.
There were four positions available on the European Regional Board. Filling the officer positions:
• Adam Blaxill of Stage Electrics was elected Regional Board vice-chair
• Duncan Bell of Autograph Sound was elected secretary
• Lee Dennison of Sound by Design is the new professional services representative
• Matt Lloyd of Global Design Solutions has been voted as the manufacturer representative.
Four positions were up for election on the North American Regional Board:
• Eddie Raymond of IATSE Local 16 elected for his second term as chair
• Fred Mikeska of A.C Lighting took the distributor representative position
• Brian Lawlor of IATSE took the organisational representative position
• Dana Taylor joins the board as the individual representative.
The Governing Body elections, which ran in parallel with the Regional Board elections, focused on filling a single ‘at-large’ position voted for by the combined business and organisational memberships. Steve Terry of Electronic Theatre Controls successfully retained his position and will continuing working with individual member John McGraw and John Simpson of White Light as the three 'at large' members who sit on the Governing Body alongside the chair, vice chair and treasurer of each of the Regional Boards.
All the candidates will commence three-year positions on their respective Boards, formally taking office from 1 January 2014.