The shortlist for the third group of Award categories has now been completed and confirmed. Find out who has made the cut and who could be celebrating in Amsterdam, February 7th
Following on from our Part 1 and Part 2 announcements last week, we’re pleased to reveal the third round of shortlisted categories for the 2018 AV Technology Europe Awards are; Best use of Signal Distribution Solution, and Emerging AV Professional of the Year.
Having received a staggering number of entries, we can now confirm the following names/entries have been successful and will go on to be independently assessed by our team of judges.
Best use of Signal Distribution Solutions
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology: creation of new suite of teaching spaces on ‘Europe’s largest AV over IP’ network
- London Metropolitan University: AVoIP overhaul of ‘superlab’, nominated by POLAR Integrated Solutions
- University of Lancaster: bespoke collaboration suite, nominated by Pure AV
Emerging AV Professional of the Year
- Justin Dawson, University College Dublin
- Darren Waszkinel, Bloomberg
- Charles Chester, Royal College of Physicians
- Csaba Kondor, AV Team UK
- Ayhan Behic, Deliveroo
“We are immensely grateful to everyone who took the time to enter our first ever awards,” comments AV Technology Europe Editor, Michael Garwood. “It was an incredibly difficult process for everyone involved in determining the shortlist, with all entries submitted at an impressively high standard. We congratulate everyone who has made the list and hope those that didn’t quite make it this time, come back even stronger next year.”
Details for the remaining categories will be announced tomorrow (December 20th)
Winners / Tickets
Winners will be announced during the Awards ceremony, which will take place at the Café-restaurant Dauphine (Prins Bernhardplein 175 1097 BL Amsterdam), which is just a seven minute taxi ride from the RAI, or a 20 minute walk.
The evening will begin at 6:30pm with a drinks reception and canapés, with the awards taking place from 8-9pm. After party celebrations will then continue until 11pm.
6:30pm: Drinks Reception & Canapes
7:30pm: Welcome Speech
8:00pm: AV Technology Europe Awards
9:00pm: After Party Celebrations
In addition to the opportunity to have your name up in lights and a shiny engraved winners trophy – the event will also be a great opportunity to network with others in the AV community attending ISE.
Tickets can be purchased through our dedicated AV Technology Europe Awards website, which can be accessed here.
Categories for the Awards include:
Individual and Team Excellence Awards – Sponsored By JacobsMassey
Recognising the people and teams at the forefront of innovation and development in the creation and management of professional AV solutions. (Click on the titles below for criteria information)
- Emerging AV Professional of the Year
- AV/IT Manager of the Year
- AV Team of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution Award
Technology Excellence Awards:
Recognising in-house teams for the effective and innovative use of technology solutions to enhance the overall performance of their fixed installation AV offerings. (Click on the titles below for criteria information)
- Best use of Audio Solutions
- Best use of Projection/Display Solutions
- Best use of Presentation/Collaboration Solutions
- Best use of Signal Distribution Solutions
- Best use of Emerging Technology
- Video Production of the Year
Project Excellence Awards:
Highlighting the year’s outstanding events and AV projects. Nominations in this category are for temporary installations and events managed and delivered by end users that have taken place during 2017. (Click on the titles below for criteria information)
- Best Large-Scale Event
- Best Small to Mid-Scale Event
- Best Large-Scale AV Project
- Best Small to Mid-Scale AV Project