The seventh annual NEC Display Solutions Showcase takes place at Vinopolis, near London Bridge, on Wednesday 20 and Thursday 21 May.
Rather than traditional tradeshow stands, the Showcase features fully integrated end-to-end solutions within real-life scenarios, created by more than 30 leading solutions providers.
Nine interactive zones will introduce visitors to the latest technology across a number of vertical markets, including retail, digital out of home, education, transport, control rooms, media and corporate.
Showcase experiences include:
- The Cube – an immersive environment driven by Green Hippo Par4keet player technology: it’s described as ‘Oculus Rift without the mask’;
- An ultra-modern office, where visitors can use Microsoft Lync, Polycom or Google Hangout to videoconference, or compare the user experience of large-format LCD and projection;
- Live lesson streaming in a real lecture theatre using 4K laser projection;
- A chat show experience – where visitors can be interviewed on the red sofa or watch from the green room;
- A control centre powered by Hiperwall featuring a heat map and numerous camera feeds;
- A classroom setup where visitors can compare writing on an interactive whiteboard to a 80in touchscreen;
- A futuristic shopping experience, using Beacon and Wi-Fi technology;
- The NEC LED Gallery tour, showing which product is best suited for particular environments.
An added dimension this year comes from the NEC Digital Conference, where leading global brands discuss the digital revolution and how it can affect their business. Speakers include the EMEA lead at Google, discussing Chromebox for Meetings; the CEO of Exterion talking about digital transformation; and a digital communication update from the head of digital at Mediacom.
Visitors must register to attend via the link below.