PPDS is set to put safety first in deciding whether or not to participate in ISE 2021. General manager, Chris Colpaert has confirmed that a “final decision” on the company’s participation at the Barcelona event will be be dictated by “our teams and partners” and based on ‘not taking any risks’ as opposed to financial reasons.
“The health, safety and wellbeing of our staff, our customers and our partners is of paramount importance,” explained Colpaert. “While some people, if permitted, will be comfortable in attending an event, there are clearly many who, understandably, are not. We as a company and as individuals fully respect that … As at ISE 2020, we supported our teams in their decisions to participate or not, and we are absolutely doing the same again for 2021. We will not be taking any risks and our final decision, if indeed it’s our to make, will be based on that, rather than financially.”
In order to “protect the safety and wellbeing of staff, partners and customers” and to ensure partners and customers can still receive the latest information on all new company announcements and insights originally reserved for ISE, PPDS has announced a series of contingency plans for its staff, partners and customers not wishing to attend ISE 2021, with the first ‘PPDS Next’ two-day virtual event scheduled for March 3-4.
“Our final decision on our [ISE 2021] participation, will be dictated by our teams and partners – but to take away some of that uncertainty, we felt it was important to ensure communications with the AV industry, by creating a special two-day virtual event, which they can enjoy from a place they feel most safe and comfortable,” said Colpaert. “We look forward to seeing you there.”
The first ‘PPDS Next’ event will include keynotes from Colpaert and Franck Racapé, PPDS commercial VP EMEA, along with exclusive early access product updates, vital insights from last year and “exciting news” about what to expect in 2021 will be on the agenda. Summer, autumn and winter 2021 ‘PPDS Next’ events will follow.
‘PPDS Next’ – at a glance:
- Showcasing the latest range of Philips professional display products, which have been designed to help drive business forward and thrive in our rapidly changing world.
- More details of our the PPDS brand and market strategy
- Exclusive market insights to fuel your competitive edge
- Details of the new PPDS Online Business Platform
- Panel discussion on driving the circular economy, including market-leading guest speakers: Leendert Jan de Olde, director ecodesign & sustainability at Philips International B.V., Stefan van Sabben, global CSR and sustainability manager at TP Vision – MMD, and Mireille van Engelen, business transformation manager at LQ Nederland
Space is limited, with interest parties encouraged to register via their PPDS sales manager at their earliest convenience.