TIDE conference comes to ISE 201810 January 2018
AVIXA is bringing its TIDE (Technology. Innovation. Design. Experience.) conference to Amsterdam on 5 February 2018, at Hotel Okura Amsterdam, the day before the ISE show floor opens. This is TIDE’s maiden voyage to Europe, and will feature European and global speakers, including a keynote from Dutch artist and innovator Daan Roosegaarde.
“The conference will help contextualise the technology that people will see while they walk the ISE trade show floor,” said Dan Goldstein, senior vice president of marketing and communications, AVIXA. “TIDE’s innovative speakers will show how organisations are pushing the limits of technology to deliver extraordinary business results.”
The Amsterdam conference will centre on design thinking, bringing together designers, brand marketers, content creators, systems integrators, live events producers, and end users to share their different perspectives. These innovators will demonstrate the dynamic results and incredible experiences that come from taking a closer look at the role design plays in business.
The conference will kick off with opening keynote speaker Daan Roosegaarde, an internationally acclaimed creative thinker and founder of Studio Roosegaarde, which develops projects that explore the relationship between people, technology, and space. Roosegaarde and his team of designers and engineers develop smart, sustainable prototypes for the cities of tomorrow. His innovative designs include Smart Highway (roads that charge from sunlight and glow at night), Waterlicht (a virtual flood), and Smog Free Project (the largest outdoor air purifier in the world that makes jewellery from smog).
The opening keynote will be followed by a series of fast-paced talks and panel discussions, breakout sessions and workshops, and networking opportunities. Kevin Jackson, the creative director at The Experience Is The Marketing, will host the day, ensuring a fast-paced and interactive experience for TIDE attendees. In roles with some of the world’s most-respected marketing services groups and live-event agencies, Jackson has worked with clients from Adidas to Zumba.
TIDE’s closing keynote speaker is artist and designer Monika Bielskyte. Bielskyte creates future-world prototypes for the entertainment industry, technology companies, and cities. A large part of her time is devoted to research and strategy in the immersive media technology space (augmented, mixed, and virtual reality). Her clients include Hollywood production companies Ridley Scott Associates, Universal, and Dreamworks; technology giants CERN, Intel, and Google; design companies Rick Owens and Aston Martin; and the United Arab Emirates government.
The current line-up of TIDE speakers includes:
• Deborah Armstrong, Director & Founder, Strong & Co.
• Jan-Erik Baars, Head of the Design Management Program at the University of Applied Science
• Natasha Beckman, Co-Director and Co-Owner, Urban Soul Orchestra
• Monika Bielskyte, Founding Partner, ALL FUTURE EVERYTHING
• Sabine De Schutter, Lighting Designer, Studio De Schutter
• Pedro Gadanho, Director of MAAT, the new Museum of Art, Architecture, and Technology
• Stephen Hussey, Co-Director and Co-Owner, Urban Soul Orchestra
• Kevin Jackson, Creative Director, The Experience Is The Marketing
• Julien Le Bas, Senior Vice President and Executive Creative Director, Jack Morton Worldwide
• Ben Moorsom, President and Creator of Neuroscaping, Debut Group
• Daan Roosegaarde, Founder of Studio Roosegaarde
• Christopher Schutte, Director of Experiential Spaces, Design Group Italia
• James Simpson, Lighting Visualiser, Royal Opera House
Visit www.tideconference.com/amsterdam for more information and to register.