Lighting manufacturer Robe brings its largest-ever stand to PLASA 201430 September 2014
Czech Republic-based lighting manufacturer Robe will be making a big impact at the PLASA 2014 exhibition at London’s ExCeL Centre, courtesy of its 1,000sqm Robe Arena.
The culmination of Robe’s 20th anniversary celebrations, the Robe Arena is the company’s largest exhibition area to date, and will highlight Robe’s just launched BMFL Spot (pictured), a new mega-bright long-throw signature fixture which needs a large environment to be demonstrated most effectively.
The company promises a spectacular booth, which will also feature a dazzling exhibition lightshow. It will also feature another 12 new innovations launched by Robe at PLASA 2014, together with all the luminaires in the current product range.
In addition to the BMFL Spot, among the products on show in the Robe Arena will be:
- miniPointe: a small, agile and multi-purpose fixture specifically designed to produce sharp beam and aerial effects.
- CycPix 12: an easy-to-install wash fixture offering an 8°–67° zooming optical system and an array of twelve powerful 15W RGBW multichip LEDs.
- DL4S Profile: extending the possibilities of the dynamic DLS Profile moving light thanks to an enhanced version of Robe’s RGBW LED module, for brighter saturated colours and a more powerful output.
- ROBIN LEDBeam 1000: to be launched at the show, this powerful new fixture features the latest LED technology and can be used either as a beam or a wash light.
- ROBIN CycFX 4: said to be ideal for creating spectacular sweeps and curtains of light and colour across a stage or an area … and also for footlights or audience ‘blinder’ effects.
- ROBIN PARFect 100: the first LED PAR of its kind, Robe’s PARFect is based on the hugely popular LEDBeam 100 technology, using the same optical system and light engine in a static housing.
- Battery Powered Technology: formerly owned by UK company GDS, the popular range of LiteWare battery-powered LED products have now been customised by Robe’s R&D department and are manufactured in the Czech Republic. The first product to be released by Robe is a high-output (HO2) up-lighter using two 40W RGBW LEDs. The rechargeable battery will power the LED lightsource for up to 16 hours, depending on the colour mix and output level.
- LiteWare Satellite2: based on the same technology as the LiteWare HO2, with the additional feature of a removable head – containing the two 40W RGBW LEDs.
- ROBIN Actor 3, 6 and 12 ST: popular static versions of Robe’s LEDWash moving heads, re-launched at Prolight + Sound 2014 with new electronics and “the smoothest 20-bit LED dimming curves on the market”.
CEO Josef Valchar stated: “We attend many exhibitions around the globe, but it’s always good to be back in London, and this has always felt like the lighting show for us. We wanted to do something different and special because of our 20th anniversary, and we look forward to another fantastic show and to meeting people from across the industry and all over the world.”
The full touring exhibition stand of sister architectural LED sister company Anolis will be integrated into the Robe Arena, and the newly acquired LightWare series of battery powered LED products (now manufactured in the Czech Republic) will also feature prominently, as well as MDG’s fog and haze products.
Robe will have over 60 staff on hand offering multilingual product demonstrations and consultations.
There will be a large stage and a full bar facility to ensure that the famous Czech hospitality can be enjoyed by all Robe’s friends and family – current, future and potential.