UK Sales Manager
This leading manufacturer operates in the fields of consumer electronics, white good and information technologies with nearly 16,000 employees worldwide. We now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced sales manager to play an integral part in the strategic growth of their visual solutions in the UK.
• Create sales plans and budgets for each customer that determine planned growth, sales channels, product distribution, contact development, profit margin and strategic development of the account.
• Monitor performance against these plans and take corrective action as required
• Broaden the range of contacts and knowledge of each customer forming an in-depth understanding of the organisation, to become an integrated key supplier to their business. Maintain effective personal relationships with key customer contacts including hosting visits to the UK office, factory and other off-site events and social occasions as required
• Manage internal requirements for setting a new account and establishing systems for ordering, tracking and invoicing of goods, negotiating and agreeing contract terms and taking the lead role in the new account set up process.
• To create and maintain margin models for all products.
• To communicate accurate product specifications with all parties working with a Sales Administrator /Product Manager/Technical Manager as appropriate. Ensuring that production and shipping schedules are in line with customer requirements and that systems are updated with accurate information regarding pricing, product codes, customer terms etc.
• To keep fully abreast of market developments, competitor activity and product innovation
• To ensure accurate account and portfolio forecast is submitted on a weekly basis and is in line with sales expectations and budget plans, taking appropriate action when performance is below plan
• A minimum of five years successful sales experience within the B2B Displays (professional displays, educational screens, digital signage solutions) market, ideally for a manufacturer, distributor or a brand owner
• Must be able to demonstrate an ability to grow existing accounts and open profitable new business over a prolonged period
• Must be able to think and plan strategically contributing to the development of the plans of the company and their customers
• Must be an experienced negotiator and sales person with a high degree of numeracy and an ability to confidently handle customer meetings in a variety of circumstances
• Must be used to preparing and presenting proposals both in writing and face to face
• Preferably a graduate or similar level of intellectual ability
• A good standard of PC literacy is required, including Microsoft Office competency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Excellent communication skills in all aspects – verbal and written skills, information capture, filter and reporting and presenting to internal and external contacts
• Able to build strong relationships and gain the trust and respect of customers at all levels
• Ability to influence sales growth and effectively operate in a sales environment
• A team player, willing to cover for other staff as required and to take on other tasks when requested by Line Manager
• Accurate, thorough, able to operate on own initiative and take prompt action to overcome problems as they arise