Test & Commissioning Engineer (AV)
As the world’s leading video communications partner, the company designs, builds and supports the systems and environments that enable communication and collaboration. The company has highly-trained and certified system engineers throughout its nearly 40 offices across the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Kingdom and Dubai.
PURPOSE OF JOB: Test and commission integrated systems AV & VC systems, including trouble shooting and delivery to client.
REPORTS TO: The Integration Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Equipment rack/shop test:
• Perform point-to-point testing of offsite equipment and custom wiring including – power, data, audio, video and control cabling.
• Perform system test as per system schematics. This should include – DSP code loading (or creating test code), control code loading (or creating test code), manipulation of all devices to ensure full performance to schematics and SOW is achieved.
Site based system commissioning:
• Perform handover from installation team to ensure all information is captured regarding the project and Its current status.
• Test & repair site based termination faults within reason, including – power, data, audio, video and control cabling.
• Be aware of power loading of site equipment and its BTU output
• Configure VC systems, including performing internal and external test calls with client (if required).
• If not completed in system test, DSP code loading (or creating test code), control code loading (or creating test code), manipulation of all devices to ensure full performance to schematics and scope of works is achieved.
• Ability to manipulate DSP code to suit room acoustics and customer requirement.
• Ability to manipulate control code to suit site conditions and customer requirement
• Ensure video, audio, control and data signals are all correct and within the company’s standards.
• Complete the company’s test and commissioning check list and report back on daily basis
• Be able to understand the project scope of works and how this addresses the client’s needs
• Always be client facing, professional and have a positive and effective attitude with internal and external customers.
• Be able to complete client handover/sign off and training if required.
• Communicate with engineering and service teams to update both on project changes during deployment.
• Complete timesheets on a weekly basis
• Demonstrate job site leadership.
• Assume responsibility for the company owned specific test tools, and ensure their upkeep.
• Mentor less experienced technicians.
• Serve as customer liaison in absence of Project Manager.
• Responsible for job documentation as required.
• Meet with vendors to assist in evaluating product if requested.
• Assist other departments with technical support issues if needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to think and work independently & meet necessary deadlines.
• Ability to work in Europe and further EMEA
• Effective interaction with customers and colleagues.
• Proficient with test and calibration equipment.
• Attention to detail.
• Problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
• PC proficient.
• Must possess a full, clean, UK driving license
Candidates should possess a number of the following qualifications:
• Polycom – Video & voice
• Cisco – Video
• lnfocomm Certified Technical Specialist (CTS)
• Crestron DMC-E
• Relevant DSP training (eg. Biamp, Clearone, SoundStructure)
• Crestron CTI-P101 Foundations of Crestron Programming
• AMX ACE
• Extron AV associate
Private Healthcare Scheme (Company pays for the individual and the individual pays for dependants), Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, Bike2Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her line manager.Apply now