Project Engineer (AV)
As the world’s leading video communications partner, the company designs, builds and supports the systems and environments that enable communication and collaboration. The company has highly-trained and certified system engineers throughout its nearly 40 offices across the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Kingdom and Dubai.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Design, engineer and commission AV and related systems to deliver per functional requirements defined by scope, budget and safety objectives.
As directed by the Engineering Director EMEA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist sales in development of needs analysis and scope of work
• Review and understand scope of work or specifications provided by others
• Identify technical or logistical obstacles to delivering scope of work, schedule milestones, or budget
• Communicate with internal and external stakeholders as required by contract and process
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of the technology required to implement integrated systems
• Design / engineer AV systems to ensure functionality and reliability per scope of work
• Identify special requirements including test equipment, specialised tools or physical accommodations such as scaffold, lifts, technical power systems, rigging support
• Facilitate communications with manufacturers or third parties as required
• Coordinate control systems requirements with customer and programmer
• Guide or develop software required for system functionality such as audio DSP or video processing systems
• Develop engineering drawings , cable schedules, calculations, acoustical modelling or other data as required
• Participate in “in-house” testing of systems
• Participate in on-site testing and commissioning of systems
• Participate in customer training and turnover
• Review field and shop red-line drawings, revise shop drawings to “as-built” status
• Creation of accurate O&M manuals and associated as built information.
• Mentor others
• Evaluate products as required
• Assist other departments with technical support / issues if needed.
• Ability to provide hours as required to meet the business demands.
• Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• A working knowledge of the technical disciplines incorporated into AV and related systems. Including, but not limited to:
• Audio and acoustics
• Digital signal processing
• Ability to use mathematics to define, quantify and verify the physical attributes of AV systems and environments. Including, but not limited to: • • Environmental acoustics
• Speech intelligibility
• Speaker system coverage and performance
• Electrical gain and loss
• Electrical power requirements
• Thermal calculations
• Screen size, brightness and contrast
• Video resolution and bandwidth requirements
• Network bandwidth requirements
• Basic structural loading
• An understanding of building and electrical code requirements
• A familiarity with audiovisual components and devices
• Advanced computer skills as required for the design, configuration, optimisation and operation of AV equipment
• Ability to use test equipment to evaluate environment and system performance. Including, but not limited to:
• Electrical measurements
• Acoustical measurements
• Photometric measurements
Must possess a valid Driver’s License and be eligible to work in the EU
• Ability to efficiently and effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing
• Proficiency in AutoCAD
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• CTS -CTS-D
• Crestron -DMC-E/D
• Relevant Polycom / Cisco certifications.
Private Healthcare Scheme (Company pays for the individual and the individual pays for dependants), Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, Bike2Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her line manager.
Ref: WP-8015Apply now