Field Service Engineer (AV)
The company is a worldwide audio-visual company with extensive experience in designing, project managing, engineering and supporting AV systems and products. Founded in 1964, the company has always been among the first to apply new technology to create tailored, state-of-the-art solutions that meet the challenges of the professional AV market. With over 50 years of experience working on complex projects, both large and small and in multiple geographic territories, the company has developed a reputation that is unsurpassed in the industry. Many of the company’s projects have been recognised with key industry and sector awards. The company aims to develop lasting relationships by working in partnership with our customers and suppliers and all others involved in the project.
Main Purpose of Position
Pro-active and re-active Service and Maintenance of Audio Visual Equipment on customers’ premises throughout Europe and off-shore. To deliver small integration projects to specification on budget and on time.
Responsible for the safe and correct diagnosis of faults, removal, repair, test, implementation and operation of all aspects of audio visual, video conference, display and presentation technologies.
Installation and servicing of systems in the most efficient and effective manner to ensure minimum down time and maximum performance.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Fault finding on AV Systems at customers’ sites and repair AV systems at customers’ premises if feasible.
• Preventative maintenance to AV equipment at our customers’ sites.
• Either alone, or with the relevant account manager to develop close relationships with clients to Exploit all potential opportunities for service contracts that may arise.
• Repairs to equipment if possible or organisation for collection / delivery to our workshop at Head Office.
• Provide readily available telephone support in answering technical questions for equipment and systems.
• Responsible for ensuring that the equipment serviced is safe for use and that the quality of work carried out is of the highest standard.
• Ensure that the quality of the delivered system is maintained.
• Ensure that the H&S files are in place for your projects and that safe systems of work are put in place.
• Liaison with other internal departments, clients and contractors both in-house and on customer sites.
• Ensure that job files and records are accurately maintained in paper and electronic form.
• Responsible for calibration and correct operation of test equipment.
• Maintain accurate and current company and customer files.
• To provide accurate and detailed paperwork and reports to management on time.
• To ensure all work is performed to the Company standards and that quality techniques are practiced.
• Provide a courteous, comprehensive and assistive service for all clients and their representatives.
• To work in compliance with the Company’s safety manual with safety of self and others in mind at all times.
• Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve efficiency.
• To perform any other actions and responsibilities as reasonably requested by company management.
• Have good underpinning technical knowledge of Electronics and Audio Visual Systems with a technical background with the AV industry.
• Have a good knowledge of AMX, Video Conferencing, Sound Structures and Crestron
• A full operational and technical knowledge of communications and audio visual systems and system components is essential.
• Solid foundation in providing exceptional customer service and support in a fast-paced AV/VC environment.
• Strong customer-focus and understanding of the sensitivities of working on a client’s site.
• Be organised and flexible with the ability to approach different types of tasks during the working day.
• Being able to prioritise and work under pressure is essential.
• Be competent to a high level of computer literacy.
• Ability to think laterally finding an appropriate solution to fulfil an application.
• Capable of good communication skills both verbal and written, being able to communicate with company executives to building contractors.
• Be able to work to the highest quality standards with attention to detail ensuring that we complete our work thoroughly, never walking away from a problem.
• IT / Networking skills.
• Identifies and grasps business opportunities.
• Understands the needs of customers and satisfies them.
• Builds long term relationships with key customer contacts.
• Always presents a positive image to the customer.
• Ensures that all aspects of work are completed to the highest standard.
• Possess a passport with at least 12 months’ validity.
• Possess a full driving licence.Apply now