Distribution Channel Sales Manager
The company considers a “solution” to be more than the product itself. A true solution encompasses how the product is made, how it gets to the customer and the service they receive. They devote care and attention to every element of their AV solutions so they can fulfil the sum total of their customer’s needs.
For proof of this commitment to complete solutions, look no further than the lasting relationships they’ve built with their customers—distributors, resellers, integrators and end users alike. People choose to do business with them not only for the quality of their products but also because they’ve proven to be a valuable partner, making their jobs easier through every step of the process.
An opportunity has arisen within their Professional Division for a Distribution Sales Manager to join the team. The position reports into the UK Sales Management and the successful applicant will help manage and develop their distribution network.
The role includes regular travel and their sales staff are expected to be able to attend international and domestic trade shows. The successful candidate may often be staying away from home overnight. The role would be suited to an outgoing and self-motivated individual who enjoys meeting new people and developing sustainable working relationships. The successful candidate will possess a positive attitude and gregarious personality allied to relevant industry experience.
The company can train a person to sell but only they can make themselves a success.
· Develop and Implement the long term business strategy through agreed sales channels to achieve sales and profit targets.
· Provide support to the dealer/distributor by way of relationship management, sales promotions, marketing initiatives and training.
· Broaden the business opportunities by investigating and developing as appropriate, all options for route to market.
· Leverage partnerships pro-actively, both current and new.
· Consider marketing/ creative ideas and suggestions for improvement of account performance using budget funds efficiently.
· Present activity and performance results at sales meetings. To contribute towards accurate sales forecasting.
· Collate competitor activity and feedback to sales management and business as required.
· Develop and maintain a consistent and thorough understanding of product and industry knowledge to ensure a consistently high level of representation with in the account and prospect bases.
· Quickly and accurately complete all administration requests as specified by manager/ head office. Constantly monitor performance against unit and revenue targets. To complete any other duties as they become relevant or as requested.
· To represent the company at industry events, shows and exhibitions.
· Outgoing and personable with a high degree of self-motivation, Capable of communicating and influencing at all levels, in any environment
· Strong presentation skills, high energy and a will to win
· Able to organise yourself and your workload effectively and be able to balance short term actions in the context of strategic growth
· A flexible “can-do” approach that is adaptable and open to change
· 2+ years in the IT/AV Industry
· An up to date knowledge of technology and trends
· Excellent presentation skills (using MS PowerPoint)
· Analysis and reporting (using MS Excel)
Required – Full driving licence, IT skills in MS Office
Desirable – Qualifications in Sales and/or Marketing