Conference Centre Technician
The company is a worldwide audio-visual company with extensive experience in designing, project managing, engineering and supporting AV systems and products. Founded in 1964, the company has always been among the first to apply new technology to create tailored, state-of-the-art solutions that meet the challenges of the professional AV market. With over 50 years of experience working on complex projects, both large and small and in multiple geographic territories, the company has developed a reputation that is unsurpassed in the industry. Many of the company’s projects have been recognised with key industry and sector awards. The company aims to develop lasting relationships by working in partnership with our customers and suppliers and all others involved in the project.
A confident and technically minded individual who has experience in supporting the AV at corporate events and conferences. You will have a good understanding of what is expected and deliver high levels of customer service. You will be a proactive team player who is happy to support the team and client through all aspects of the AV service the team provide. You will join a company providing cutting-edge audio visual solutions for major brands in many international territories. We have a customer-centric ethos and an open, engaging and questioning culture. You will find a company of creative, technical and very smart people who are passionate about what they do and developing others.
Main Purpose of Position
As part of a small team, you will be responsible for providing high level technical support for all client events taking place within the Managed areas of the client’s campus, as defined by them. Your role will include, but not limited to, administrative duties associated to an event, submitting fault tickets, providing 1st line support, liaising with users to discuss their requirements and setting up, operating and breaking down AV events which will include video and audio conferences, presentations, voting systems, laptop connections, placement of mobile displays for signage and PA setups.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Promote and adhere to the Company’s ISO policy and procedures.
• Represent the company at a senior level with the necessary level of professional conduct and presentation as set forth by your manager.
• Working hours are primarily between 7am – 7pm (Mon-Fri) based on a 40 hour week across a number of shifts as required to cover the business.
• Support for events outside of normal business and at weekends is also expected.
• Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve efficiency.
• Responsible for ensuring that the equipment is safe for use and that the quality of all work is carried out to the highest standard.
• Complies with all health and safety procedures as set out by the company and its client.
• Understands and recognises the importance of safe working practices with safety of self and others in mind at all times.
• Train and instruct the customer on the proper use of the equipment.
• Assist with training for junior members of the team.
• Act as Mentor to any new recruits joining the Media Services Team.
• Responsible for ensuring that the equipment is safe for use and that the quality of work carried out is of the highest standard.
• Supporting the client in the use of AV Systems.
• Running the AV aspect of presentations for extremely high profile meetings.
• Supporting Video Conferencing calls.
• Liaising with customer to establish needs and providing support in respect of these needs.
• Preventative maintenance to all onsite AV equipment.
• Submit tickets as and when any issues occur to allow for continual improvement of service and technologies.
• Compile audits of systems and/or stock levels, keeping all relevant spreadsheets accurate and up to date.• Managing the inbox and responding to actions in a timely fashion.
• Providing over the phone and face to face support to both our global colleagues and clients. Put together post event reports for the attention of management.
• In the event that Business Continuity Planning (BCP) is invoked, MOCC duties may be required to be carried out or additional remote coverage for the impacted region may be needed to ensure minimal impact to the business.
• To carry out any other duties or substitute for any positions as required by your management team or any other senior member of staff.
What Experience, Skills and Attributes you will need to be successful?
• Minimum of (2) two years corporate experience within the AV industry.
• Must be able to work to tight deadlines and in a fast paced environment.
• Equally capable of working on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Must show willingness to be involved, learn, share knowledge, accept accountability and show initiative.
• Works well under pressure, self-motivated and able to multi-task and prioritise.
• Excellent client facing skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• A good level of computer literacy and a sound understanding of AV equipment.
• Can create positive working relationships with colleagues and clients.
• Must be confident in operating sound and vision desks and have the ability to deal with very high level events in either a lead or secondary operator, e.g. Townhall, external client meetings, Webcasts, Auditorium, etc.
• This role will involve moving and lifting of equipment.
• Maintains a smart and professional appearance at all times.
• Must be punctual and reliable.
• Must be flexible to accommodate the needs of the business.
• CTS or equivalent qualification advantageous.
• Fully competent with Microsoft Office software.
• IT hardware knowledge desirable.Apply now