High levels of interest reported in ISCEx201417 February 2014
Interest in the ISCEx2014 Exhibition and Networking Dinner in March is running at a near unprecedented high, reports the Institute of Sound and Communications Engineers.
According to ISCE’s secretariat manager, Ros Wigmore, members have sensed the enormous networking value of the occasion as well as the opportunity to both see and exhibit next-generation communications systems in the era of EN54 compliance. “We have had an amazing response to our networking dinner bookings,” said Wigmore. “It seems that everyone prefers to meet up in a more informal setting before the serious business gets started.”
The two-day event takes place on 4-5 March at the Holiday Inn in Birmingham City Centre, kicking off with the dinner on the opening night.
Seminar proceedings will open at 10:00 with Tony Stacey, acoustic consultant from AMS Acoustics, whose topic will be ‘Signal to amplifier to loudspeaker – I thought it would be louder‘.
Other sessions include:
11:00 Increasing the intelligibility of computer-generated text-to-speech – Cassia Valentini Botinhao, research fellow, The Centre for Speech Technology Research, University of Edinburgh
14:15 Design and supply of loudspeakers for the Royal Navy and Army – not quite your home environment – John Moore, director, Secomak
15:30 Is two-dimensional beam steering the best audio solution for difficult acoustical environments? Jan Leerschool, international sales manager, Pan Acoustics
The full seminar programme is available on the ISCE website.
Among the companies bringing new products to the exhibition will be:
– ADSworldwide, which will be launching its latest addition to its EN54-24 certified voice alarm range – developed in partnership with Taiwanese loudspeaker specialist Cotina to keep prices extremely competitive. I
– RCF, which will give a first UK exposure to its DXT 9000 digital voice-alarm system — said to incorporate the brains of network technology and the soul of professional audio.
– i-Power (UK) – a relatively young company with a network-aware product range that leverages standard IP networks to service the audio industry.
– CIE-Group, which will demonstrate the audio-over-IP products from leading European telecommunications solution provider 2N.
– Ambient System, a leading designer, manufacturer, and supplier of certified voice evacuation systems, products and service with over 20 years’ experience.
Visitors may register for the event online at the ISCE website.